Made with continuous filament, 96% amorphous silica fibers, SILTEX® Woven Silica Fabrics are widely used for applications that require high heat resistance, as well as abrasion and/or chemical resistance.
Available in a variety of weights ranging from 18 oz/sy to 70 oz/sy, SILTEX® Woven Silica Fabrics are widely used as welding blankets and welding curtains for the safety of personnel and equipment. As FM 4950 Approved products, our 18 ounce silica fabric and our 36 ounce silica fabric are ideal for use in hot works operations.
In addition to use for welding safety, SILTEX® Woven Silica Fabrics are also used as thermal barriers to reduce energy costs, and can be coated with silicone for use in applications that require higher abrasion resistance.
• Comprised of high strength, high purity 96% amorphous silica fibers
• Designed to withstand continuous temperatures of 1800°F •982°C
• High Dielectric Strength
• Low Thermal Conductivity
• Excellent for use where E-glass fabrics would typically fail
• Resistant to most corrosive agents and chemical reagents
• Welding blankets and curtains
• Furnace curtains
• Thermocouple insulation wrap
• Flame resistant barriers
• Thermal barrier insulation