In extreme environments, tens of thousands of dollars of robotics equipment can be destroyed in an instant. Protective equipment can prevent damage to machinery and reduce downtime. Mid-Mountain Materials, Inc. specializes in developing novel protective fabrics to keep robotics and related equipment safe.
Novel Design Features of ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX
ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX is a special aromatic polyamide woven fabric that is coated with a high performance silicone elastomer. This combination makes the fabric exceptionally strong and resistant to damage. Compared to traditional protective fabrics, such as aluminum coated Kevlar®, fire-retardant vinyl, or Teflon® coated fiberglass, ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX has higher crystallinity and strength. This affords the fabric a very high thermal and chemical stability, making it suitable for use in extreme environments.
What Are the Unique Advantages of ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX?
ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX stands apart from its competitors because of its superior strength, durability, and protection from extreme thermal conditions. Other state-of-the-art properties include:
- Excellent strength (both tensile and tear strength) even after high thermal exposure
- Strong abrasion resistance
- High thermal stability
- Maintenance of high performance at both high and low temperatures
- Unparalleled flexibility compared to traditional protective fabrics; this flexibility remains almost completely unaffected by changing temperature
- UV resistance
- Ozone resistance
- Excellent resistance to a wide range of corrosive fluids and chemicals
- Ability to weather extreme industrial environments
- Ease of fabrication and processing
- Excellent value
Applications for ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX
This fabric was initially created for use in robotics applications in industrial settings. To remain effective, robotics must weather extreme conditions without corroding or degrading. Robots handle a range of tasks in demanding environments, so protective clothing must be resistant to dust, chemicals, moisture, and temperature extremes. Protective covers prevent component failure, allow robots to operate in a larger range of conditions, and extend the operational life of the robots.
In addition to its robotics applications, ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX fabric is an excellent component for a range of personal protective equipment needs, including:
- Firefighters, who must endure high temperatures, convective and radiant heat, and flames
- Electric companies, who need personal protective equipment to protect against electric arc flash discharge
- Welders, to protect against metal sparks
- Foundry workers, to protect against molten metal impacts
- Chemical, petrochemical, and gas workers, who need equipment to protect against acidic environments
- Glass industry workers, who need tensile strength and flexibility in cut resistant gloves
The potential applications for ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX extend far beyond robotic protective clothing. This innovative, durable fabric may benefit employees working in a range of dangerous or industrial environments. Additionally, ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX may be beneficial in nuclear settings, aeronautics, automotive industry, machining, painting, foundry work, surface treatment, and food industries.
The Future of ARMATEX® SBN 13-602 ROBOTEX Fabric
Mid-Mountains Materials, Inc. has anticipated the technological improvements that will drive robotics and automated components into a range of industries. Because the up-front cost for robotics is high, it is imperative for corporations to preserve their investment with protective robotics clothing.
Kevlar® and Teflon® are registered trademarks of the E.I. DuPont Company, Wilmington, DE.